Friday, February 20, 2026
Home Security CAS APPLAUDS JOINT EFFORT AS NAF’S 8-MONTH OFFENSIVE DEALS CRUSHING BLOW TO...

CAS APPLAUDS JOINT EFFORT AS NAF’S 8-MONTH OFFENSIVE DEALS CRUSHING BLOW TO TERRORISTS IN BORNO STATE.

 
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has unleashed an unyielding air onslaught against terrorist elements in the North-East, killing no fewer than 592 fighters and obliterating 372 enemy assets in 8 months, a tempo of operations already outstripping the entirety of 2024. 
 
The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) Air Marshal Hasan Bala Abubakar, revealed these figures in Maiduguri  during a courtesy visit to Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum. 
 
According to the CAS, “backed by an upgraded fleet and precision night-strike capabilities, NAF aircraft had executed 798 combat sorties, clocking over 1,500 operational flight hours in the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai”.
 
 The operations, he said, had crippled terrorist mobility and logistics by destroying 206 technical vehicles and 166 key logistics hubs deep in hostile territory.
 
 “This year, our air war is faster, sharper, and more surgical,” the CAS declared. “We are taking out high-value targets, crippling their logistics, and hunting down every cell that threatens the peace of the North-East.”
 
From Gonori to Rann, Dikwa to Damboa, Azir to Mallam Fatori, NAF airpower has pounded terrorist strongholds with coordinated day-and-night operations, delivering devastating strikes in some of the most difficult terrain. 
 
The CAS further disclosed that the offensive had been boosted by the deployment of A-29 Super Tucano aircraft capable of precision and night missions, Mi-171 helicopters for medical evacuation and logistics, and enhanced intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance platforms for round-the-clock target tracking. He added that a new Mi-35 gunship was expected to further intensify close-air support for ground troops in the theatre.
 
Governor Zulum, in his remarks, praised the NAF for its sustained air support in degrading terrorist capabilities and protecting communities. “The Nigerian Air Force has been a steadfast partner in our fight against insurgency,” Governor Zulum said. “Your operations have saved countless lives and allowed our communities to begin rebuilding. The people of Borno State recognise your sacrifices and stand firmly behind you.”
 
The CAS, in turn, applauded the several initiatives of the Borno State Government for what he described as the “Borno Model”, a community driven non-kinetic engagement combined with hard-hitting military action, which he said had proved to be a winning formula in the ongoing counter-insurgency campaign. “We are winning this war in the air, on the ground, and in the hearts of the people,” he vowed, reinforcing the message that NAF’s operations were as much about protecting civilians and rebuilding trust as they were about destroying enemy capabilities.
 
The CAS also inspected facilities at the NAF Base in Maiduguri, where he engaged with aircrew and ground crew, urging them to maintain their relentless efforts. The CAS was also briefed on ongoing operational activities of the Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI. This operational visit underscores the NAF’s unwavering commitment to national defense, leveraging air power, intelligence, and collaborative partnerships to safeguard the lives and property of Nigerians.
 
RELATED ARTICLES

OPERATION WHIRL STROKE NEUTRALISES TWO BANDITS IN BENUE

  Troops of the Joint Task Force, Operation Whirl Stroke, have neutralised two suspected armed bandits during a security operation along the Naka–Makurdi Road in...

NIGERIA CUSTOMS BACKS AFRICA’S FIRST DEFENCE AND SECURITY EXHIBITION …AS NIGERIA PREPARES TO HOST HISTORIC 2026 EVENT

  The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has reaffirmed its strong institutional support for Africa’s first-ever comprehensive Defence and Security Exhibition, scheduled to be hosted by...

US AFRICOM PLEDGES STRONGER SUPPORT FOR NDLEA IN ANTI-DRUG WAR

    The United States Africa Command, AFRICOM, has assured the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, of enhanced collaboration and support in the fight against...

Most Popular

DANGOTE CEMENT COMMISSIONS SECURITY POSTS IN KOGI HOST COMMUNITIES

By Kikelomo Okere   As part of its commitment to enhancing security and reinforce effective community policing in its host communities, Dangote Cement Plc, through its...

OIL FIRMS REJECT $25.5M DEBT CLAIMS, SAY DISPUTE UNDER ARBITRATION

By Kikelomo Okere Editor Green Energy International Limited (GEIL) and Lekoil Nigeria Limited have pushed back on media reports linking them to a $25.5 million debt,...

CBN SLAMS BANKS OVER ILLEGAL CHEQUE PRINTING.

Kikelomo Okere Editor The Central Bank of Nigeria has imposed a ₦10 million fine on any commercial bank that uses unaccredited cheque printers or personalisers. Beyond...

NEPZA HANDS HARVESTFIELD FTZ LICENCE, TARGETS CUT IN MEDICAL IMPORTS

By Kikelomo Okere   The Nigeria Export Processing Zones Authority has officially presented the Declaration and Operational Licences to Harvestfield Industries Free Trade Zone, a specialised...

Recent Comments