Saturday, August 30, 2025
Home Security ‎MURDER: NPF COMPLETES EXTRADITION OF BENJAMIN BEST NNAYEREUGO ALIAS "KILLABOI" TO FACE...

‎MURDER: NPF COMPLETES EXTRADITION OF BENJAMIN BEST NNAYEREUGO ALIAS “KILLABOI” TO FACE CHARGES.

‎The Nigeria Police Force  says it has   completed the extradition of Benjamin Best Nnayereugo, male, widely known as “Killaboi,” from Doha, Qatar to Nigeria. The fugitive, who had been on the run for the murder of Miss Augusta Oseodion Onuwabhagbe, was returned to the country in the early hours of  Saturday, 19th April 2025, through the coordinated efforts with the Ministry of Justice, INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB), Force Headquarters Abuja and the Qatari Judicial Authorities.
This is contained in a statement signed by the Force public relation officer ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi.
‎The extradition followed a petition from the family of the deceased, submitted through their legal representatives dated 29th September 2024.
 The matter was assigned to INTERPOL NCB Abuja for  investigation. Investigations revealed that the suspect, Benjamin Best Nnayereugo, murdered Miss Onuwabhagbe, a 21-year-old first-class student of Lead City University, Ibadan, at his residence located at No. 24A Abiola Apooyi Street, Oral Estate, Ajah, Lagos, on 13th July 2023. After committing the crime, he fled Nigeria and later released an online video purporting to confess to the act, a deceptive strategy to derail investigative efforts.
‎Following his declaration as wanted by the NPF Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) on 13th October 2023, an INTERPOL Red Notice was issued for his global apprehension. He was initially arrested in Freetown, Sierra Leone, on 20th October 2023 under the false identity “KANU PRINCETON SAMUEL,” but escaped custody during a prison break on 26th November 2023 in Feeetown.
‎Further intelligence gathering revealed that the suspect continued to evade law enforcement, traversing multiple regions including West Africa, East Asia and the Middle East, under forged identities before eventually relocating to Doha, Qatar on 24th January, 2025. Operating under the alias “TOURE ABDOULAYE” with a fraudulent Guinean passport, he secured illegal employment and concealed his identity.
‎Through robust international cooperation and the use of advanced biometrics, INTERPOL NCB Abuja, in collaboration with INTERPOL NCB Doha, confirmed his identity, leading to his arrest by Qatari authorities in February 2025. An official extradition request, processed via the Federal Ministry of Justice, Abuja, was subsequently approved by the Qatari judicial authorities, resulting in his repatriation to Nigeria.
‎The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, while recognising  the strength in the synergy amongst nations to curb trans-border crimes, commended the diligence of INTERPOL NCB Abuja and extended sincere appreciation to the Honorable Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, the Government of Qatar, INTERPOL NCB Doha, and the Nigerian Embassy in Qatar for their invaluable collaboration in securing the fugitive’s return.
‎The Inspector-General of Police further assured the general public of the Nigeria Police Force’s commitment to ensuring that the suspect faces diligent prosecution, as part of the NPF’s dedication to justice and the safety of all Nigerians.
RELATED ARTICLES

WIDOW USING FAKE PREGNANCY TO TRAFFIC COCAINE ARRESTED BY NDLEA IN LAGOS.

WIDOW USING FAKE PREGNANCY TO TRAFFIC COCAINE ARRESTED BY NDLEA IN LAGOS. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a 50-year-old widow and...

NAF NEUTRALISES OVER 35 TERRORISTS IN NORTH-EAST OPERATION.

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says its air component of Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) has neutralised more than 35 terrorists near the Nigeria–Cameroon border. The...

NIGERIAN ARMY REAFFIRMS COMMITMENT TO TROOPS’ WELFARE AS PHDL ENGAGES MEDIA.

The Nigerian Army has reiterated its commitment to improving the welfare of its personnel, with particular emphasis on providing affordable and quality housing. This assurance...

Most Popular

FCTA PROMOTES 49 DEPUTY DIRECTORS

  The Federal Capital Territory Administration has approved the promotion of 49 Deputy Directors to the rank of Director across various departments. This follows the...

BREAKING: BENUE ASSEMBLY SUSPENDS EX-SPEAKER

  The immediate past Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Aondona Dajoh, has been suspended for three months over allegations of attempting to...

BENUE ASSEMBLY SPEAKER AONDONA DAJOH RESIGNSS

BENUE ASSEMBLY SPEAKER AONDONA DAJOH RESIGNS The Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Aondona Dajoh, has resigned his position. His resignation was contained in...

BENUE ASSEMBLY ELECTS NEW SPEAKER

BENUE ASSEMBLY ELECTS NEW SPEAKER The Benue State House of Assembly on Sunday elected Alfred Emberger as its new Speaker, following the resignation of Aondona...

Recent Comments